StartupChicks was founded in February of 2009 following StartupWeekend when our founder, Jen Bonnett, noted the extreme dearth in women attending not only that, but also various other local entrepreneurial events. We’ve grown from our original founders to a membership of over 3000 worldwide.
Our Vision is to Create a Global Community of Female Founders.
Our Mission is:
- To Inspire: Prospective Entrepreneurs to make the leap, Existing Entrepreneurs to think BIG.
- To Connect: Authentic Connection with Like-Minded Women and Mentors.
- To Educate: Share best practices through Seminars, Workshops and our Accelerator Programs.
- Be Inspiring/Inspired – Amazing women sharing their stories
- Be Supportive – “Give before you Get” Mentality
- Be Accountable – “Tough Love”
- Create Friendships – Authentic Connections
- Educate / Guide – Coaching / Mentorship
- Have fun!